The MacArthur Foundation: The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation sponsors group and individual research to foster security and progress for humanity.
Other MacArthur Science, Technology And Security Initiative Programs
- AAAS Center for Science, Technology, and Security Policy:
The Center for Science, Technology, and Security Policy (CSTSP) has a goal to encourage the integration of science into the formulation of public policy for enhanced national and international security. CSTSP is part of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) - an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Engineering and Public Policy (EPP):
The department of Engineering and Public Policy addresses important problems in technology and policy.
- Cornell University, Peace Studies:
The Peace Studies Program at Cornell University is an interdisciplinary program devoted researching and teaching about problems of war and peace, arms control and disarmament and instances of collective violence.
- Harvard University, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs:
The Belfer Center seeks leadership in advancing policy-relevant knowledge about the most important challenges of international security and other critical issues where science, technology, environmental policy, and international affairs intersect.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Security Studies Program:
Taught through the MIT Political Science Department, the program emphasizes grand strategy, technology, arms control and the issues of bureaucratic politics.
- Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs:
The Research program in Development Studies is a twenty-year old program focused on issues germane to development.
- Stanford University, Center for International Security:
CISAC’s mission is to produce policy-relevant research on international security problems.
- University of Illinois, Arms Control, Disarmament, and International Security (ACDIS):
ACDIS is an interdisciplinary research, teaching and public service program devoted to advancing and disseminating knowledge about the problems of war and peace.
- University of Maryland, Center for International and Security Studies:
The Center for International and Security Studies at Maryland (CISSM) is a research center that pursues policy-oriented scholarship on major issues facing the United States in the global arena.
- Department of Defense
- Center for Disease Control
- Chemical Weapons Convention
- Library of Congress
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House
- Department of Homeland Security
- National Commission of Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (9/11 Commission)
- National Defense University
- Department of Energy
- Global Security:
This site provides general information on international security, WMD and military force issues in the US and abroad. It also contains information on the military capabilities of 38 countries worldwide.
- Southern Center:
This is the website of the non-partisan Southern Center for International Studies, an organization committed to internationalizing the thinking of the American public.
- Center for Strategic International Studies (CSIS):
The CSIS organization is devoted to providing world leaders with strategic insights and policy proposals on world issues.
- Center for Science, Technology and Security Policy:
CSTSP promotes the integration of science and public policy to enhance national security by serving as a portal between policy makers, academia and policy institutes.
- Nuclear Threat Initiative:
NTI is an organization working to reduce the threat from nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. The site contains information on the WMD and missile programs of 26 countries.
- Russian American Nuclear Advisory Council (RANSAC):
RANSAC seeks to secure stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction and to reduce proliferation risks.
- Brookings Institution:
The Brookings Institution is a non-partisan research group interested in analysis and public education on economics, foreign policy and governance.
- Center for Defense Information:
CDI is dedicated to international security through cooperation and military reforms.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace:
The Carnegie Endowment promotes cooperation among nations and proactive international engagement by the United States.
- Center for Non-Proliferation Studies:
The Center for Nonproliferation Studies provides information and analysis to combat the spread of WMD.